BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:14 am 

I know back when I first posted in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread, I spoke about uploading a picture or two of my collection as soon as I had some to post. Well, I got to thinking, "Wouldn't it be cool to look and see what everybody's collection looks like? How about their gaming groups? or even the space where they game?" SOOOOO... I made this thread!
I'll kick it off, with a couple of pics of my collection. It may be modest, but I am very proud of it (and remember, I focus on MODULES) :

Here's a closeup shot....

... well, I'll post more when I get the chance, got my game on Saturday, and I'll take a pic or two while I'm there to add to the thread.  :)

- Angus The Red Dungeonmaster

"If you insist on jumping in there, at least
leave all your worldly posessions behind."
- Talon Nimbletoe, Halfling Rogue Pickpocket

WWW YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:04 am 

There was an old thread showing some collections, some were just astonishing, amazing, hmm wonderfully wonderfull (Stratochamp, Frank's basement, etc.)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:38 am 

Aside from the fact that some collectors have commercial warehouses filled with stuff...
Do they play with any of it, or is it all simply stored in the warehouse to brag about?
I know that does not apply to most collectors here but for some…. Yeah.

Good collection and thank you for sharing your photos.
What are the two spiral books on the center shelf - left end?
What are all those binders filled with?

Nice 30th Ann. Bag... envy sets in...  8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:13 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:What are the two spiral books on the center shelf - left end?
What are all those binders filled with?

Well, as I have ended up with a few orphaned collections in my search, I have come across quite a few "oddball" pieces. You've got a good eye - those two spirals are "Creative Campaigning" and "Dragonomicon" (respectively), b&w front & back xeroxed pages, then bound (I assume from some place like Kinko's) - I suppose he wanted a copy, but the best he could do was xerox his buddy's. (LOL). They were, however, done with great care... I just couldn't bring myself to throw them away.

The binders are my immediate campaign access HQ - from the current scenario & notes, NPCS, PC Character Folders, and several contain maps and demographic information about my world & cities found there (all drawn up using the template from City Systems boxed set). I have a habit of going alittle overboard on the details.  :lol:

WWW YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:58 am 

This is an old picture of my stash and only shows what I have out on display.

Martin

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:06 pm 

bracton is coming over to my house tomorrow for our bi-weekly game session, and he is (probably) bringing his camera to take some pictures (which will make their way here eventually) since several people have asked for pictures of various things over the past year. i apologize for not remembering the requests because i had not anticipated bracton's largesse, so i had not anticpated that pictures would be forthcoming. so please post here, or pm me, with things that you wanted to see images of and we will do our best. if you don't read this until later, well bracton might not bring his camera until the next session at my house, so send pm's anyway.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:36 pm 

Prufrock wrote:
This is an old picture of my stash and only shows what I have out on display.

Martin

8O    8O    8O    8O    8O    8O    8O    8O    8O    8O

Uhhhhhhh..... Uhhhhh............    DAYAM!!!!!!!
Okey okey okey, from what I can see, the LEFT side is pretty self-explanitory, but if you wouldn't mind, could you go over the right side of the bookcase? Go shelf by shelf, kinda gimmie an idea of what I'm looking at here. You don't have to name every module, just give me the metadata on each shelf.... if you don't mind.

Oh, and BTW.... YER COLLECTION FRIGGIN' ROCKS.

WWW YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:52 pm 

Wait till you see Stratochamps.. Lets see if I can find the old thread..

Brette:)

edit:

Burnies photos
viewtopic.php?t=8714&highlight=

talks about collection sizes
viewtopic.php?t=3444&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Last edited by beasterbrook on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:02 pm 

You know, it would be nice if all these thread with pics of people's collections could be combined and then stickied so that we wouldnt lose track of them.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:16 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:You know, it would be nice if all these thread with pics of people's collections could be combined and then stickied so that we wouldnt lose track of them.  :D

I second that. I tried in the past to explain what collecting means, with every print of every copy being necessary, but pictures paint a thousand words...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:44 am 

Here's some pictures:

If you believe that ADVANCED DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS is a game worth playing, you will certainly find it doubly so if you play well.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:27 am 

Nice.  Really like the Pac-Man marquee.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:50 am 

Very nice collections!

You collect children with your wife too? ;) (last picture, on the right)

beasterbrook wrote:Burnies photos
viewtopic.php?t=8714&highlight=

talks about collection sizes
viewtopic.php?t=3444&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I remember these threads, some collections are amazing. Wonderful stuff there. (but some girls say that the size is not important :lol: is it right?)

One day, I will need to take pictures of mine too  :roll:  we have a thread like this on a French forum and I promise as well.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:17 pm 

These make me feel impotent. Especially Frank and stratochamp. Oh well...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:44 pm 

And the burntwire brothers gaming room is sublime as well.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:38 pm 

Angus_The_Red wrote:
8O    8O    8O    8O    8O    8O    8O    8O    8O    8O

Uhhhhhhh..... Uhhhhh............    DAYAM!!!!!!!
Okey okey okey, from what I can see, the LEFT side is pretty self-explanitory, but if you wouldn't mind, could you go over the right side of the bookcase? Go shelf by shelf, kinda gimmie an idea of what I'm looking at here. You don't have to name every module, just give me the metadata on each shelf.... if you don't mind.

Oh, and BTW.... YER COLLECTION FRIGGIN' ROCKS.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.  I'll give you the general description of what I have on display at the moment (it is considerable different from the above pic as it is an old pic.  Mostly the same stuff just has been rearranged a bit).

Top Right Shelf:  Midkemia products, Dimension Six products, Islandian products, Arduin Grimoire products, Monsters! Monsters! prints, Power and Peril products, Fantasy Trip products, Tunnels & Troll products.

Second Self:  Forgotten Realms

Third Shelf: TSR Modules for 1st edition.

Bottom Shelf: Small press stuff including an almost complete Beholder Fanzine collection, Role Aid (rares), Castle Zygag collection, Pacesetter Modules, Gencon Prepub Modules by Frank Mentzer and Tim Kask.

Paintings:  "Yangol Arrives at Lady Kindernis' Garden" by Tony DiTerlizzi and "Night of the Gargoyle" by Stanley Morrison.

S

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:10 pm 

I like the fact that flyingmelon has a half-filled shredder in the middle of his collection...  8O

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:50 pm 

outskirtsofinfiniti wrote:I like the fact that flyingmelon has a half-filled shredder in the middle of his collection...  8O

In case any 4th edition stuff is found  :lol:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Next