New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 29123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 272829
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:45 pm 

grodog wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:This lot seemed to go pretty high to me; other than the Spellcaster's Bible in it, did I miss anything else interesting?:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Allan.

Night Below should be a whole lot more than $25 if it is complete. $75-$100 depending on the reseller. Maybe the DMG is special?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:41 pm 

Deadlord wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:
Night Below should be a whole lot more than $25 if it is complete. $75-$100 depending on the reseller. Maybe the DMG is special?

Oh, I agree, and probably many of the rulebooks would go for more than $10.  The reason for my low valuations is that given the seller has no reputation, and the likelihood of damage occurring happening during shipping, especially for the boxed sets, and there being a possibility of smoke or water or rust damage, I estimated values on the low side.  This auction win has numerous risks.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 pm 

benjoshua wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:
Oh, I agree, and probably many of the rulebooks would go for more than $10.  The reason for my low valuations is that given the seller has no reputation, and the likelihood of damage occurring happening during shipping, especially for the boxed sets, and there being a possibility of smoke or water or rust damage, I estimated values on the low side.  This auction win has numerous risks.   8)

Everything ibn that cpollection looks a bit rough, but a big risk is completeness. Night Below has a lot of parts. An incomplete copy is a much harder and lower value sell. Writing, coloring torn and missing pages. T1-4 without map books, or with pages falling out or missing (a common occurence with the poor binding on t1-4). That collection is a crapshoot.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:03 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:Everything ibn that cpollection looks a bit rough, but a big risk is completeness. Night Below has a lot of parts. An incomplete copy is a much harder and lower value sell. Writing, coloring torn and missing pages. T1-4 without map books, or with pages falling out or missing (a common occurence with the poor binding on t1-4). That collection is a crapshoot.

Here is what I found about Parrish, FL:
"If the latest subdivision proposed in the growing Parrish area is to be built, it will require special approval by the Manatee County Commission because a drainage canal traverses the property and most of the lots would be in an area that frequently floods."
Flooding hits Manatee County neighborhood

Buyer Beware  PDT_Armataz_01_05

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:42 pm 

Maybe it was posted before, but I am not particularly impressed with  
given the sheer damage to the boxes and the likelihood none are actually complete. I think $500 could be spend better elsewhere.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:58 pm 

grodog wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:This lot seemed to go pretty high to me; other than the Spellcaster's Bible in it, did I miss anything else interesting?:

Allan.

I would quote this around $1000.00 [Retail]

But... both the Deities and Demigods books would both have to have Squids in them, and the T1-4 is complete...

So not that crazy...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:12 pm 

What am I missing here???

Auction Hunter
automated bot

Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:09 am

Strategic Review issue

$499.85   * sold *   (fixed price)        
ended     Sun Aug 25th 2019  1:03pm EST
Seller:  collectons

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:01 pm 

Do you mean this sale from the seller collectons?

Other than it was for 5 of Strategic Reviews, nothing appears to be special about them.  High sales price was probably due to it being a run of #1-5.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:52 am 

dbartman wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:Do you mean this sale from the seller collectons?

Other than it was for 5 of Strategic Reviews, nothing appears to be special about them.  High sales price was probably due to it being a run of #1-5.

Yes... this one... There has seemed to be a HUGE upswing in the value of these recently...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:45 pm 

Decimal in wrong spot?

-SKA

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:59 pm 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:

Decimal in wrong spot?

-SKA

$500 is probably a bit steep but with shrinkwrap it's anybody's guess sometimes. On the flip side $49 would be a steal IMO. CD cases alone often sell for that and with a good condition box even more. I bet you could get $200-250 for that in time.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:03 pm 

cabala wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year: I bet you could get $200-250 for that in time.

agree

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:47 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:49 am 

This seller has a large listing of insane prices but honestly that seems to be the trend on Ebay.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:36 am 

The seller has sold quite a few items, so there must be enough demand for the seller to list them at these prices.

Check out some of the past sales:

Not sure they actually sold for those prices, but there is no "Make Offer".

Seller must have a pretty big collection, or perhaps a store, as there have been multiple copies for sale.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:07 am 

dbartman wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:Not sure they actually sold for those prices, but there is no "Make Offer".

All three of them come up for me as being sold with "best offer". I tried the completed search keyword trick to see if the seller allowed the actual price they sold for to come up, but they all fell in the range of the seller's asking price.
Unless the buyer(s) of these discloses what they paid for them (and can be trusted), we'll probably never know.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:40 am 

I did a deeper dive into these three, because I wanted to test my code that displays Best Offer sold prices.  There's an eBay API call that (supposedly) shows what an item truly sold for -- for all three of these, it said that while Best Offer was enabled on the auctions, that they sold for full price.  (As a caveat, I wouldn't put it past eBay to be deceptive, for whatever reason, about details of a sale).

Foul

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:43 am 

That's just weird.  Why?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 29123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 272829