Question about C1 Tamoachan brown covers
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:03 pm 

Hi all.  I am looking at buying a C1 Tamochan on ebay.  I have recently started collecting, mainly to replace by stuff I lost about 30 years ago.  It started off with me just wanting to replace the things I had back then, but now it has grown into something much more!

Anyways, I do not have a copy of C1 in the brown cover.  I do have the mono.  I am wanting a 4th printing, but I am not sure about the description for the differences between 4, 5 and 6 printings.  For the 5th:  32-page text booklet is packaged inside the 8-page illustration booklet    For the 6th: the 8-page illustration booklet packaged inside the 32-page text booklet

Does this mean the booklet is one large booklet, with it being put together 2 different ways?  Or is it two distinct booklets that were just packaged differently?  Every listing I am looking at on ebay has 2 different books, so how would you know how they were originally assembled?  The 4th printing description makes no mention of this at all.

Is it better to just go off the copyright dates on the module?  Or look at the ISBN/Product number identifiers?  It would likely be much easier if I had something in hand to look at, but since I don't, I'm quite confused!  Especially since they all look similar on ebay.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:30 am 

If you've already seen this, I apologize, but this might answer your questions:

C1

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:34 pm 

The 5th and 6th printings are two booklets just packaged differently. The only other difference being the cleaning up of scuff marks from the printing plates.
The 4th print only has the isbn on the rear cover.

Mike

Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:21 pm 

chromaticknight wrote in Question about C1 Tamoachan brown covers:The 5th and 6th printings are two booklets just packaged differently. The only other difference being the cleaning up of scuff marks from the printing plates.
The 4th print only has the isbn on the rear cover.

Mike

That's what I was looking for!  Thanks!

Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:23 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Question about C1 Tamoachan brown covers:If you've already seen this, I apologize, but this might answer your questions:

C1

Yeah, I saw that page, but for whatever reason I still wasn't clear on the differences.  Brain cells just not firing.....