Storage for an Original D&D Box Set
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:12 pm 

I've had a 2nd ed Original D&D box set that's been hanging out forgotten in a cardboard banker's box in the back of my closet for the last 15+ years.  I just checked and can't believe how much the value has gone up.  I remember it being valuable, but only ~$1800, and now it's well on the way to nearly ten times that...  Anyways, I figure it deserves better/safer storage than to be wrapped in a garbage bag among old magazines.

Does anyone have recommendations for suitable collector/archival quality storage boxes/bags for this?

thank you

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:25 am 

Hello and welcome to The Acaeum.

This topic does come up quite a bit, as you can probably surmise.  Here are a couple of threads that might provide some help:

Storage bags suggestions

Questions about storage

There's a lot of information in these threads, but you can simply take a standard magazine storage bag and cut, adjust and tape it to do the job.

There have also been some discussions on specific storage containers that would work.  Perhaps another member can provide a link to those posts.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:10 pm 

Maybe find an acrylic case and add a couple small descant packets? I would look for something more sturdy than the thin plastic protectors sold on ebay for box sets, though they do work well.

There are acrylic boxes for every pokemon and magic product out there. They are pretty pricey though.