Erol Otus Shrine
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:48 pm 

Great website attempting to document all of Erol Otus' contributions to TSR art. They've added a bunch since the last time I looked (a few months ago). Some fantastic Monster Card art I hadn't seen before.

The Erol Otus Shrine

I'd love to see one of these for each of the early TSR artists! If I had more free time I might do it...

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:01 pm 

Man, thanks for posting that link....Erol Otis has always been my fav artist. All his stuff is sureal and brings back a lot of old memories for me....

I know he was doing album covers for some band and working on vid games, but I would like to see him doing art for some RPG'S again..

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:36 am 

Kurtuleas wrote:Man, thanks for posting that link....Erol Otis has always been my fav artist. All his stuff is sureal and brings back a lot of old memories for me....

I know he was doing album covers for some band and working on vid games, but I would like to see him doing art for some RPG'S again..

Ah, but he is... check out Goodman Games's Dungeon Crawl Series of modules.  Otus has done a couple of their covers.  Those modules are worth checking out as they have a nice 1st Edition feel to them in content and appearance.  Plus they're only about $10 a pop, which is pretty cheap these days.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:08 pm 

And not at all a bad value, since most TSR modules were $5 or $6 back in 1981 :D

That said, though, I haven't heard much else that EO's been doing.  Anyone know of other projects he's drawing?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:20 pm 

grodog wrote:And not at all a bad value, since most TSR modules were $5 or $6 back in 1981 :D

That said, though, I haven't heard much else that EO's been doing.  Anyone know of other projects he's drawing?

He was doing art for Spectrum Holobyte back in the late 90's.  You can check out the funky boots on Picard and Worf in "A Final Unity."  Okay, maybe they don't look all that funky, but with a little imagination....  :D