Possible Photocopy
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:49 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44112

Aneoth, I'd be checking my copy VERY carefully.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:57 pm 

Forgive my collecting ignorance.

Why do you think it's a photocopy?

"Is it secret; is it safe?"

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm 

Not sure about this being a photocopied item, but, that receipt was used to "verify" the last Jade Hare that he listed and sold to Aneoth.

He did state at the time: "I decided to auction this off for two reasons: (1) I saw another item of similar quality being auctioned and it made me think of it, and (2) I have a second copy of this module I am planning to keep for my own collection that is in exactly the same condition."

After selling the last one for $262.02, he might have decided to sell his second copy.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:26 pm 

It's too easy to duplicate. I'd check for staple degradation, at least. He's been registered since February, but has not bid on or sold anything. Yet he apparently combs eBay RPG's, since he supposedly saw Jade Hare sell earlier and decided to sell his.
He may be legit, but I'd be wary. Kinda like urdlen there, with the ultimate shrinked collection.........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:20 pm 

Which is why I don't plan on collecting the Jade Hare.... Unless it's from someone I know and trust.

It's a suckage of an adventure anyway that no one ever played.  To me, a beat up G3 is worth more.

If this shows up 3 times, I say we freakin' nuke that guy.

-Jon

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:44 pm 

dbartman wrote:
After selling the last one for $262.02, he might have decided to sell his second copy.

In the auction, he notes the previous sale and calls this one his second and last.

Still, you might want to be careful, as he clearly is a very inaccurate grader

("Note that the module is in perfect condition (although photographed on some moderatly plain carpet)")
:P

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:32 am 

JonOakes wrote:Which is why I don't plan on collecting the Jade Hare.... Unless it's from someone I know and trust.

It's a suckage of an adventure anyway that no one ever played.  To me, a beat up G3 is worth more.
-Jon

Hold on there Jon-

I am not questioning the value of a G3(not a bad adventure) and I doubt I can change your opinion that the adventure sucks...

But I can tell you that you are wrong when you say no one ever played it.

I ran Jade Hare in my ongoing long-term Mystara campaign, as a one-on-one adventure with one of the players who took a detour through Ylaruam.

And he liked it.

This guy wasn't a newbie either, but a long-time gaming veteran.  He didn't know until afterward that he had played a module that was worth $100+ on the market. I did mention that he was probably only one of a handful who ever had.

His campaign notes on that adventure, which are always amusing, was even submitted to an internet webzine as part of a contest.  If people want, I could try and find it to post here, although half the fun is knowing what he is talking about by being familiar with the module.

The reason I was able to pull this off is because the adventure was written for those who know the old Gazeteer supplement GAZ 2 Emirates of Ylaruam. Having read GAZ 2 several times, I realized the Jade Hare description had a little "easter egg" reference to GAZ 2, so I used that to tie it in with the town of Kirkuk described in GAZ 2.  It was one of three adventures I ran in that country for him, the middle one, so it proceeded smoothly once I integrated it.  

I confirmed this easter egg with the author, John Nephew of Atlas Games, a couple of years ago.