Selling on Amazon.com
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:51 pm 

Has anyone use Amazon to try and sell stuff?  I just was browsing through the TSR stuff (which is like 3X of what it sells for on ebay on a high sale).

Anyhow I was wondering if it is worth looking into or does the stuff just sit there like in ebay stores.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:59 pm 

I have bought (used D&D) stuff from Amazon before, but only because I was impatient.

I think it's pretty spotty.  I mean, when I go looking for an item, I don't even search Yahoo auctions anymore.

I have searched Froogle but that mostly turns up new 3E crap. (and 3E is crap IMHO.../rant)

Here's what I think:  Amazone DOES get browsers, but you're likely to have your item up there a LONG time, then again, you can name your price.

On Ebay, I think you have a higher likely hood of moving it in a week or so if you're reasonably priced... and you might get lucky and get a newbayer bidding war. :)

I think for our niche, either alt.rpg.marketplace on Usenet, a posting here or on ENWorld or Ebay are you 3 top choices for attracting an audience.

Amazon would be like.. pretty close to the bottom I think.

Just my humble opinion.

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:20 am 

Does Amazon still have it's auction site up?  I haven't visited it in close to 2 years, there was just too much garbage to sort through.

I auctioned an 8th+ printing Basic Set and an I6 Ravenloft there and they went for $50 each, but that was berfore ebay became a household name.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:18 pm 

McDuff wrote:Does Amazon still have it's auction site up?  I haven't visited it in close to 2 years, there was just too much garbage to sort through.

I auctioned an 8th+ printing Basic Set and an I6 Ravenloft there and they went for $50 each, but that was berfore ebay became a household name.

It reminds me of a more hard to sort through half.com if thats what you meant by auction site.

I read the fees for selling there and they take up to 15% on auction close (you only get charged when it sells) which is pretty high I guess.  Its no wonder "Keep on the Borderlands" is listed at $40 good used over there.  8)

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM