Question on Gaz2 of D&D
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:41 pm 

Hi! I'm from Italy and several years ago I purchased the Gaz2 Emirates of Ylaruam in English language. Now reading it I noticed that in the beginning of the chapter about the village of Kirkuk there is a reference to a player's map and to a DM's map, but on the module's map there is only one map of that village!!! Is that an error of printing???
Maybe I can give more accurate information about this, but for the moment is all that I can say.
I hope you can tell me more, because on the site of acaeum I found nothing on this.
Thanks
Lyr

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:00 pm 

Lyr wrote:Hi! I'm from Italy and several years ago I purchased the Gaz2 Emirates of Ylaruam in English language. Now reading it I noticed that in the beginning of the chapter about the village of Kirkuk there is a reference to a player's map and to a DM's map, but on the module's map there is only one map of that village!!! Is that an error of printing???
Maybe I can give more accurate information about this, but for the moment is all that I can say.
I hope you can tell me more, because on the site of acaeum I found nothing on this.
Thanks
Lyr

It looks like it was supposed to come with a fold out map as well.

"Format: 64-page book w/tri-fold cover, fold-out map"

TSR Archive:Never leave home without it!
This Personal Web Pages (PWP) site has been discontinued

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:07 pm 

Maybe I've not been clear: I have that fold-out map but is printed only on one side and on that side there is only one map-sketch of that village.
So who's wrong???
Thanks

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:40 pm 

Just went and cracked mine open. It has never been used so I know all the components are there.

I think the reference for the players map simply refers to the large map and the location of Kirkuk. In other words, there is no players map of the village. This would be consistent with most TSR products. Not too many come to mind where there are two detail maps of a town or village - one for DM and one for players.

I don't think I missed anything - I took a quick look through... :D

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/