Star Frontiers lost module?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:34 am 

I used to run a Star Frontiers campaign.  We got into Star Frontiers late - after Zebulon's Guide to Frontier Space came out.  Of course, at the time I didn't know that TSR was stopping production of Star Frontiers.  

I thought that Zebulon's Guide SFAC3 was the last item published for Star Frontiers.  It contained all sorts of rules & campaign expansions that really added a lot of depth to the game.  The guide also contains numerous references to Zebulon's Guide 2 which was supposed to contain further expansions - like Powered Assault Armor, Cybernetics, Bionics and more.

I waited a long damn time for Zebulon's 2 and it never arrived. . .  :x  Anyway, I never noticed SF5 Flight of the Karoo, but knowing what I now do about TSR, I suspect that they had it earmarked with a product code (possibly even had a draft in production) when they decided to stop producing the game.

I know it is not a definitive answer, but I suspect that SF5 is kind of like SFAC4 (which would have been Zebulon's 2).   Anticipated, but never published. . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:26 am 

It doesn't exist, at least not as a released product.

After module SF4, Mission to Alcazzar, the Star Frontiers modules were coded as SFAD (probably for "Star Frontiers Adventure").  This means that the main SF module series goes as follows:  SF0, SF1, SF2, SF3, SF4, SFAD5, SFAD6.  The confusion exists when people refer to SFAD5 as SF5, due to the quirky sequence.

SFAD5 was titled Bugs in the System, a UK module by Graeme Morris.

There is also no SF5 or 7811 mentioned in Slade's product list in Magic Encyclopedia I, or in any other source that I can find.

I've never heard of Flight of the Karoo.  If someone knows of a draft manuscript, I'd love to hear about it.  I've seen this phantom module given codes 7811 and 7812.  Code 7811 was not used; code 7812 belongs to SFKH4 The War Machine.