Updating
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:10 am 

Scott,

When will there be an update to the Acaeum prices and auction results? I realize it is not an easy task, but I'm sure that many people here including myself would be willing to help if necessary. I was asked to send a scan of Inverness #59, since it would be a better picture than the current one, but I see no need to if it will not be posted.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:14 am 

I'm currently working on an update... but it's the same update I've been working on for many months.  Unfortunately, I don't have much of any free time to devote to the site any more, so updates will be very sporadic.

With that said, any info/scans you sent will be posted eventually.  Some items will take longer than others; a new 14th print of the Basic Set, with the UPC code on the left instead of on the right, will probably languish in my inbox for a good long while, because it's something of low interest to the membership (and takes a huge amount of work to incorporate).  A better scan of an item we already have is an easy replacement, and will probably be done immediately; ditto for info on a new item, which attracts a lot of interest.

So, basically: there's an update coming, but no promises on its arrival date.  There's already some impressive things in there.  I'm also working on a significant expansion to the site, but it's nothing I've even hinted at before, and will probably come as quite a surprise!  So stay tuned.

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:58 am 

So, basically: there's an update coming, but no promises on its arrival date. There's already some impressive things in there. I'm also working on a significant expansion to the site, but it's nothing I've even hinted at before, and will probably come as quite a surprise! So stay tuned.

You mean you really ARE going to include coverage of Beani Babies Collectibles!  OH JOY! :D

Seriously, that would be exciting to see an update of the'core' Acaeum.

Can the membership here help out in any way? (Do you need skills, cash, content, sponsors...?) I'm sure there are lots of us who would do what they can.  This is probably my favorite site and board in all of the Internet!

-Jon

-------------------------------------------------

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:54 pm 

Well, thanks very much -- both for the comment, and the offer.  At the moment, there's not much the community can do, other than continue to send in submissions.  As my own collection and experience was long-ago mined out, I now rely completely on others to send in material for an update.  Also, money is not currently an issue -- several people over the years have offered to donate, but I'd like to keep the site completely free for as long as possible.  No fees, no pop-up or banner ads, etc.  I myself am annoyed when I see those things on other web sites, so I've endeavored to make this site as annoyance-free as I can.

And who spilled the beans about the Beanie Baby upgrade?  It was supposed to be a surprise.  :(

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:06 pm 

Can't wait for the update, you've got me wondering now.  
And thanks once again for the great, classy site without pop-up and banner ads.

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:45 pm 

I've always wanted to see a brenfrow TSR archive - Acaeum merger, covering the entire spectrum of D&D releases from 1974-present, especially since so many of the 90s and 00 items are becoming collectible.

That would be a lot of work, though.
:)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:04 pm 

Scott, remember to drop me an email when you have finished downloading thoses pics I put up so I can put some more up as well;)

Brette:)