Kudos to the Scottster!
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:16 pm 

Nice job!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:33 pm 

You're quite welcome.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:12 pm 

Yay!  Thanks Scott :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:45 pm 

Nice move. I wish we could also improve the Acaeum to also include non-TSR items lists like the after-glow or the Judges Guild index, but with more scans, more information etc..

I'll help anyway I can with scans and research
Let's start a revolution!

Mike

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:10 pm 

Well, if the Acaeum became a fantasy RPG site in total, that would be amazing. It would definitely be the only one of its kind. If you consider that about 1/2 of my non-TSR D&D items aren't even on Bock's site, and if all of us contributed facts, time and prices.............
Shit, Scott, you could start soliciting advertising at that point. As long as they aren't popups..........

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:32 pm 

At this juncture, any expansion of the site would require a very large portion of the work to be handled by contributors.  Not just in the submissions department -- that's relatively easy -- but the actual layout, editing, research, etc.

About a year ago, I privately solicited some members of the RPG collecting community on whether they'd like to be involved in "moderating" a particular site expansion -- whether Judges' Guild, AD&D 2.0, fanzines, whatever.  The response was a bit lukewarm, especially once I explained some groundrules -- namely, that the contributor in question would be required to become a "subop" (in old BBS parlance, a manager of that particular subdomain).  He/she would be responsible for creating the web pages and indexes, fielding all the submissions, and most importantly, making a commitment to seeing the project through to at least some sort of completion (or significant work-in-progress).  Needless to say, there are few people out there who have both the expertise and free time necessary to make such a thing happen.

At the time that I solicited opinions on possible site expansions, I indicated to those involved that I'd probably open the discussion up to the general forum membership at some point in the future.  I think there's no better time than the present -- therefore, check out the new forum on what's already been written, and please submit your own thoughts.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:42 pm 

I can definitely take the Judges' Guild forum, if there is one, and at least help with the others. Anyone else?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:33 pm 

What about all of the other non-D&D TSR products? We could handle Gamma World and Metamorphosis Alpha. If the site goes beyond TSR products we could handle the Apocalyptic RPG's section. Morrow Project, Aftermath, Twilight 2000, etc....

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:48 am 

would love to see the old games done first, The "Heroic Worlds" of the net would be great...