Trollcrusher fanzine pdfs
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:52 pm 

Here is an interesting post from the blog Rended Press. Looks like someone has a website with scans from the old fanzine Trollcrusher.

Here is the link.

http://rendedpress.blogspot.com/

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:22 pm 

I think I saw that a few years ago.
From what I remember, for the most part, the PDFs are completely unreadable, and you have to beg the owner of the site for higher resolution copies, and even those are pretty dire.
Still, maybe someone will find something in there if they troll through it for long enough.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:42 am 

I don't belive they are available.. ? I didn't ask though..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:52 am 

yes, available... but have anybody of you tried to read the scans?
i found the trollcrusher site several months ago and downloaded a couple of issues... basically useless file: the resolution is so low that you cannot read any text... i though it wasnt even worth to report that site at all...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:16 am 

I remember e-mailing one of the guys a year or more ago and getting a higher resolution scan on a couple of the issues. I think they were at 150dpi and still pretty dire. Maybe someone here has had better luck. The 75dpi thing is either a very poor attempt to reduce bandwidth, or a naive attempt to avoid any possible copyright infringement complaint. I'm sure if you're persistent enough you'll be able to get the original scans out of the creators. I just didn't want them enough to bug themfor months.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:10 am 

Seems pointless to go through the trouble of scanning them, only to make the resolution unreadable. I did see some stuff in the Table of Contents that seemed possibly interesting.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:47 pm 

The link doesn't work anymore.
Can someone help?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:42 pm 

There are a few poor PDFs via Wayback Machine;

Home

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:54 am 

This blog is open to invited readers only
Blogger

It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:17 am 

Boardgame Geek wrote:User summary:

Trollcrusher was a seminal UK fanzine that began publication in 1977 and which focused mainly on D&D and AD&D.
It was edited initially by Bryan Ansell (later an owner of Games Workshop), then subsequently in order: David Row, John Baillie and Laurence Miller. Issues 23 to 29(the last) Edited by John Drake and Rory McLean although Laurence Miller still retained the rights to it.
Trollcrusher's format was to publish contributor material as a collection of 'minizines' (e.g. APA-like). Each contributor typed up and illustrated their own articles under a heading of their choosing. The material was not edited for content and contributors had wide latitude on the content of their 'minizines'.
Articles included scenarios, new character classes and monsters, adventure write-ups, reviews, general chat, and anything else the contributors fancied.
Notable contributors included Lew Pulsipher (designer of Britannia and Valley of the Four Winds), Brian Asbury, Paul Blackwell, Jeremy Goodwin, Michael Stoner (who went on to publish The Beholder fanzine), and Brian Dolton (who published Demonsblood).
Issues 1 - 6 were published in A4 format and subsequent issues were published in A5.

Trollcrusher credits @Oldhammer.org

P'teth Tower - the individual parts (1978/79, Brian K. Asbury)

RpgGeek.com Trollcrusher

Original Scenarios Resurrected @RpgPub

Oh, seems there was ready a fully detailed POST on these adventures.

Yeah, a shame about those horrible 75dpi scans.  I suppose someone could retype them if they were that determined.