Rare Roleaids?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:18 pm 

Talk about finding buried treasure in your backyard, I'm trying to catalog a bunch of stuff that I had sitting in my storage for 7 years.  I found a box with three Roleaids products that I know are pretty rare.  Problem is, they are apparantly so rare I can't find any info about them. I have to confess I don't remember anything about the circumstances around where I found these except they were bought at a place called "Boneheads".  Anyway, can anyone offer any info on these items....how rare, why they are rare, how much they are worth, etc

Items:

Beastmaker Mountain (red cover)---Mayfair, 1982
Fez I: Valley of the Trees (green cover)---Mayfair, 1982
Blasted Lands: #542 of #1000 (orange cover)--- Mayfair, 1983

Can I buy a new car?  Huh?  Let me know....:wink:

Mike B.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:36 pm 

Sorry you can't buy a new car.  Maybe a car cover, if they are in really good condition.  A lot of these have come up recently in SW or M.  The rarest of the three appears to be Blasted Lands.  Here's some rough pricing, considering M condition.  SW is a wildcard - hard to say.  Obviously as condition descends so do the prices...

Beastmaker Mountain:  $80  
Blasted Lands:  $100.00
Fez I:  $60.00

Like everything else it also depends on who is bidding and how badly they want it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:20 pm 

Blasted is somewhat rare, but the other two are not. Fez is very common, and Beastie comes up pretty regularly. I actually have 2 Fez, a Beastie and a Nanorien in my extras pile right now.
If I were paying for them, I'd shave $20 off Badmike's estimates. But I'm cheap.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:05 pm 

dbartman wrote:Sorry you can't buy a new car.  Maybe a car cover, if they are in really good condition.  A lot of these have come up recently in SW or M.  The rarest of the three appears to be Blasted Lands.  Here's some rough pricing, considering M condition.  SW is a wildcard - hard to say.  Obviously as condition descends so do the prices...

Beastmaker Mountain:  $80  
Blasted Lands:  $100.00
Fez I:  $60.00

Like everything else it also depends on who is bidding and how badly they want it.

Thanks for the info guys...I was planning on keeping them anyway.  The condition is average at best; they were actually all shrinkwrapped but the wrap was of such poor quality and barely hanging on that I just removed them all so I can read the adventures.  They already look like old-school fun, you gotta love any adventure that has a 2% chance to gate in Asmoedeus himself at the requisite "evil altar" in Beastmaker Mountain....

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:28 pm 

Role Aids is one of my favorites. I have everything they ever put out. A lot easier than collecting all of TSR's stuff!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:58 am 

I believe that Tadashie sold several shrink fez and Beastmaker modules, I remember bidding on them , the Fez was going for around $20 and the beast wasn't too far behind, I've seen seveal come up quite regularly, even Blasted comes up quite a bit, but maybe the market at this stage can go a bit more;)

Brette:)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:32 pm 

Yep, they have gone for less when a few of them come up in a short period of time.  Maybe my estimates are too high based on the current climate.  They do slip through the cracks much more easily than rarer TSR item.  Probably because there are not as many people looking for them...  Nanorien Stones appears to be the easiest one to get at the lowest cost, although there have been a lot of Fez's lately.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:53 pm 

Yeah, the prices for these have fallen dramatically over the past two years or so---sw copies of these were going for $80-$150 a few years ago, but things have really fallen off since then ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:28 am 

grodog wrote:Yeah, the prices for these have fallen dramatically over the past two years or so---sw copies of these were going for $80-$150 a few years ago, but things have really fallen off since then ;)

oh well keep em for a few years then and then the price may go up again once all the attention turns to something else :)

Are we nearly there yet?