Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:05 am 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:27 am 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:53 am 

Nice collection of fanzines.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:59 pm 

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:38 am 

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:48 am 

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:25 am 

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:09 am 

Seller has a a half dozen issued on Demon Drawl...

DEMONS DRAWL 13 Fanzine D&D AD&D Dungeons & Dragons RPG Aug 1985 RARE  | eBay

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:13 pm 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

To my knowledge, it was not originally spiral bounded...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:23 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
To my knowledge, it was not originally spiral bounded...

The first edition was spiral bound, as can be seen in the scan Richard made of it (which is available on my website). The second edition was A5 stapled (like a fanzine) which is the version I have.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:36 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Seller has a a half dozen issued on Demon Drawl...

DEMONS DRAWL 13 Fanzine D&D AD&D Dungeons & Dragons RPG Aug 1985 RARE  | eBay

I've been waiting eagerly to see how these 6, and the three Telegraph Roads (the later issues of Demons Drawl were renamed as Jeremy got Religion), fared - it was £330 for all nine. I've got an almost complete spare second run of the magazine, issues 1-24 (just missing duplicates of the last two) and I'm thinking of selling (to pay for my collecting habbit). I think the early issues are worth more, especially issue 1 which there were few copies of - and as it was not stapled (!!) it fell apart so copies are likely missing pages. Mine was retrospectively stapled - by the editor when he learned how to staple fanzines without needing to buy a long armed stapler!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:56 pm 

JoeNuttall wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
The first edition was spiral bound, as can be seen in the scan Richard made of it (which is available on my website). The second edition was A5 stapled (like a fanzine) which is the version I have.

Mine is spiral bound...

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:59 pm 

JoeNuttall wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay: Mine was retrospectively stapled - by the editor when he learned how to staple fanzines without needing to buy a long armed stapler!

Hello Joe, i qm very curious to learn this way... i always struggled to find a long stapler in the past!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:50 pm 

Oh dear, I should have read what I said on the subject. To quote my own article on The Solo Dungeon on my website written by me:

Richard originally self-published The Solo Dungeon via a stencil-based duplicator in 1977, then it was published by GAMES PUBLICATIONS in 1978, and they printed a second edition in 1980. The first was spiral bound, the second digest-sized - the only other difference appears to purely be that the copyright notice is moved out onto a separate page along with a repeat of the cover illustration, presumably to move it off the inside of the cover. I don't know if there were any differences in the original '77 version (if you have a copy, please add a comment to let people know).

So the first edition by GAMES PUBLICATIONS was spiral bound, but there was an earlier self-published version. Anyone with copies who cares to share a photo and/or compare differences with the later versions?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:53 pm 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
Hello Joe, i qm very curious to learn this way... i always struggled to find a long stapler in the past!

You put a folded up bedsheet down on a hard surface, place the item to be stapled on the sheet, open the stapler and position and press carefully (vertical pressure required else it slips off to one side and the staple doesn't go through). Then turn it over and bend the staples shut manually. Then lean on the open stapler. Look at the staple in your bleeding hand. Feel foolish. (The last is a one time activity, never to be repeated).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:28 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Nice collection of fanzines.

I'm looking for a copy of Trollcrusher #13 which would nearly complete one of my collections, but I didn't want the other 10 fanzines in that selection. If the winner of that auction is on here and now has a duplicate of Trollcrusher #13 please consider selling it to me :-)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:34 pm 

Oh dear, I should have read what I said on the subject. To quote my own article on The Solo Dungeon on my website written by me:

So the first edition by GAMES PUBLICATIONS was spiral bound, but there was an earlier self-published version. Anyone with copies who cares to share a photo and/or compare differences with the later versions?

Interesting. I didn't remember a spiral bound version. Mine is stapled. Thanks for the details.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:01 am 

You put a folded up bedsheet down on a hard surface, place the item to be stapled on the sheet, open the stapler and position and press carefully (vertical pressure required else it slips off to one side and the staple doesn't go through). Then turn it over and bend the staples shut manually. Then lean on the open stapler. Look at the staple in your bleeding hand. Feel foolish. (The last is a one time activity, never to be repeated).

:lol:

Thanks!

PreviousNext