Non-TSR just ended on eBay
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am 

I really didn't like the way the cover of the folder looked on this one (the graphics and lettering). Could be just the way the picture was shot, but the color and the way it laid on the paper looked wrong to me - did anyone else here feel similarly about it?

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:29 am 

Bracton wrote in Non-TSR just ended on eBay:I was the second high bidder.  I thought I had put in a crazy high number, and would likely get it for a lot less.  But a wise man (you know who you are) said I would only have an 80% chance with that bid...and he was obviously right.  Frankly, I'm glad I missed it at this price.  I would have been pretty unhappy if the winner (whoever it is) had bid just a little less than me.

I already have the first print, so was looking to complete the set.  Guess I'll just keep looking.   :)

Print run Junkie  :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:30 am 

Mister Yuk wrote in Non-TSR just ended on eBay:I really didn't like the way the cover of the folder looked on this one (the graphics and lettering). Could be just the way the picture was shot, but the color and the way it laid on the paper looked wrong to me - did anyone else here feel similarly about it?

Palace of the Vampire Queen 1st print TSR Dungeons amp Dragons | eBay

I thought it looked kinda strange as well!!

Maybe the winning bidder (whoever that is)  can let us know what it looks like when they get it.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:18 pm 

It was buried in a store and I happened to stumble across it, but I picked up Knights: Strategies in Motion for Primal Order for $5. I think that was a good buy.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:58 pm 

copycat wrote in Non-TSR just ended on eBay:It was buried in a store and I happened to stumble across it, but I picked up Knights: Strategies in Motion for Primal Order for $5. I think that was a good buy.

I'd never heard of it before but after reading about it a little - it looks very cool and getting it for half the price it goes for in pdf format, I'd say you rocked. Good job!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 pm 

I picked up all of these supplements when they came out.  They are pretty good, but unfortunately the product line was essentially abandoned when Magic: The Gathering was released.

There were four products published and there was a revised edition for the core supplement.  Some details here:

The Primal Order - Wikipedia

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:16 am 

dbartman wrote in Non-TSR just ended on eBay:I picked up all of these supplements when they came out.  They are pretty good, but unfortunately the product line was essentially abandoned when Magic: The Gathering was released.

There were four products published and there was a revised edition for the core supplement.  Some details here:

Thanks dbartman. Yeah, it happens that way sometimes. That's something I really liked when some of my DMs would put a lot more into the relationship between Gods and followers. Last game I played, my friend (who was playing for the first time) really pushed for that type of thing to happen in the Campaign - totally cool.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:18 am 

dbartman wrote in Non-TSR just ended on eBay:There were four products published and there was a revised edition for the core supplement.  Some details here:

I've always been very fond of the TPO books!  There were several products in development beyond those published, and some of them quite good.

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:16 am 

Listed with opening bid of $100 or a BIN for $500. I was optimistic that maybe I could get it for less than $200  PDT_Armataz_01_03 , as the bidding had already started.

All I can say now is WTF!!  8O

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I don't think I can afford to keep collecting at this point  PDT_Armataz_01_05

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 pm 

Foolish me thinking I had a shot at this:

I think this is only the third or fourth copy of the boxed version I've seen available in ~10 years. Unsurprisingly, the other sets didn't sell, as they were overpriced.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:47 pm 

I am completely nauseous over this listing in that I missed it due to my cell phone dying in the morning. I had set an alarm the night before, but due to ... "domestic issues" ... I forgot about the auction and the alarm never went off, even though the phone was plugged in. When I checked eBay, I had missed the auction by 6 minutes  :pukel:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of the alternate cover of Burnt Offerings, I would greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for one for several years  PDT_Armataz_01_05

Thanks - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:51 pm 

I wasn't interested in owning this but definitely was watching. Cool little piece of history.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:15 am 

Out of all of the cool items in Paul's most recent auction of items this was the one I thought was so interesting - I guess I wasn't alone  :)

Any speculation out there why this went for over a $1000. Is the original owner someone well known? Tower of Anemas? Just because of that awesome Woodgrain Folder!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:46 am 

Most of paul’s prices end silly highs

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:24 pm 

Somebody notable had this sitting in a closet for forty years! Here, take my money!  :roll:

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:51 am 

beasterbrook wrote in Non-TSR just ended on eBay:Most of paul’s prices end silly highs

Brette:)

I agree... And let me add, this time i found some errors in the descriptions... The main one for me is that the monsters&treasure set 2 was defined as a 1st print whereas it was a 2nd print. I have nothing against Paul and i believe if i write my comment here, it wont be considered negative. Since i am looking since ages for a 1 st print m&t, i was a bit sad to find that the one listed last week was not a 1st print...
Ciaoo

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:59 pm 

aia wrote in Non-TSR just ended on eBay:... And let me add, this time i found some errors in the descriptions

Yes, I saw three myself, and agree the worst was on that M&T.

I was a little put off by some of the upselling terms made in the condition section of the listings.

Not meaning to slam Paul either, mistakes happen and I doubt it was intentional. With the upselling, I've been there at times too. You owe it to your consignors to get as much as you can for them but at the same time you don't want buyers to end up feeling like they've been cheated - it can be a fine line.

Most of the time Paul gets good (and even great) money for his consignees and it's his job to do that.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:17 pm 

Mister Yuk wrote in Non-TSR just ended on eBay:Out of all of the cool items in Paul's most recent auction of items this was the one I thought was so interesting - I guess I wasn't alone  :)

Any speculation out there why this went for over a $1000. Is the original owner someone well known? Tower of Anemas? Just because of that awesome Woodgrain Folder!

This (and a plethora of other items) belonged to Al Christensen (he passed within the last couple years).  Al was a LONG time gamer and I had the pleasure of meeting him at Mike Carr's home when I played my first game of DGUTS.  I think Al had been more focused on table top rather than rpg's - a member of the Fight in the Skies Society, he played or ran games at most conventions near WI.

PreviousNext