Creeks And Crawdads
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:21 am 

Has anyone seen a copy of this game (and its single module/supplement Never Cry Crawdad)?

I used to have a PDF version of it but that was lost in the transition to the new computer, always thought I would just find a copy on Ebay, but so far no luck.

Has anyone ever seen this come up for sale before?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:34 am 

I think I saw it up once, last year.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:13 am 

Well at least all hope is not lost, any idea about what it went for?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:18 pm 

I'm pretty sure it went for a pittance.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:53 pm 

What is it?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:33 pm 

Its a "Beer and Pretzles" RPG, where in you play evolved Crayfish (Crawdads) after the apocalypse.

Unfortunately even evolved crawdads are pretty stupid, and even the "thinkers" need to make a roll each time they attempt an action to see if they remember what they are doing.

The game is hillarious, and mostly pointless, but fun none-the-less.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:10 am 

"hillarious and pointless" just about says it all.

:D

I realize this is an old thread, but a friend just emailed the link, probably as a result of a Google search for Creeks and Crawdads.

The game was created by M. Martin Costa as means of avoiding writing a very important thesis paper.

The module was written because I didn't think Martin should have all the fun.

But the most fun was taking it to San Francisco-area gaming conventions, waiting until all the other games had run down, then wrangling tired, punchy gamers into a room and handing them a single six-sided die and a character sheet with a pre-printed picture of a crawdad. (One of the value-added benefits. What other game comes with your character sketch already drawn?) Seemingly without exception, a good time was had by all.

I keep finding my copies of the game whenever I clean the garage. I've heard rumors that gaming shops in the Berkeley, California area still carry it ... in its original dot-matrix and photo-copy form.

The next time I dig one up, I'll try to remember to post, if anyone is interested in a copy.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:21 am 

JimVO wrote:The next time I dig one up, I'll try to remember to post, if anyone is interested in a copy.

Told the wife about this post and she said, and I quote:

"We will buy it."

She is a huge fan of this game, we only ever had a copy in PDF form, but I ended up deleting all my PDFs for ethical reasons.  It is one hilarious game.

~jeff

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:16 pm 

JimVO wrote:"hillarious and pointless" just about says it all.

:D

I realize this is an old thread, but a friend just emailed the link, probably as a result of a Google search for Creeks and Crawdads.

The game was created by M. Martin Costa as means of avoiding writing a very important thesis paper.

The module was written because I didn't think Martin should have all the fun.

But the most fun was taking it to San Francisco-area gaming conventions, waiting until all the other games had run down, then wrangling tired, punchy gamers into a room and handing them a single six-sided die and a character sheet with a pre-printed picture of a crawdad. (One of the value-added benefits. What other game comes with your character sketch already drawn?) Seemingly without exception, a good time was had by all.

I keep finding my copies of the game whenever I clean the garage. I've heard rumors that gaming shops in the Berkeley, California area still carry it ... in its original dot-matrix and photo-copy form.

The next time I dig one up, I'll try to remember to post, if anyone is interested in a copy.

Im' in...... Please let us know when you find a stash of em.....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM