Metamorphosis Alpha auction: Holy Crap!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:33 pm 

There's still 6 days left and it's already at $43!! 'course, it looks to be in pristine condition.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

edit: whoops, I thought I was posting this in the Collecting General forum. Admins/Mods are free to move.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:04 pm 

So, what do you guys think this is gonna go for eventually? It's still sitting at $43, but there's a note on the auction that the original owner's name is stamped on the inside of the cover. That should surely make it less collectible?

The picture sure does look all pretty though! :) And I've been wanting this guy for a while.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:55 pm 

$40 isn't over the top for MA... from what I've seen they usually go for between $30-$50. If a name on the inside cover is the only flaw and the overall condition is excellent, then I wouldn't have thought the name will decrease the final price by much at all.

Even though its still got plenty of time to run, I don't think it will go much higher, unless a bidding war starts... sometimes items get bid up quickly in the first couple of days and then sit there with no further activity until close.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:14 pm 

I have been watching Metamorphosis Alpha auctions on Ebay for 5+ years. One comes up about once every month or so. They are consistently over 40 dollars. Sometimes much higher - like that David Sutherland copy. I am an information collector more than a physical collector (somebody on here called it "virtual collector" although I only have one PDF - from SVgames...), so I wish they would release the damn thing on PDF, just so I could see it after all these years. :D I have a text copy I found somewhere on the web years ago, but it's not the same (no artwork). FastForward said they were going to, but didn't. :?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:56 pm 

8O

Now I wish I had page 15-19...... BOOOHOOOO!