Please Help Identify
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:15 am 

I have been collecting for a long time, but I am hitting a wall on these. Any help would be much appreciated.

On card stock - dates from 1977/78 - pages numbered

Cheers!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:07 pm 

I think those were included in one of the Arduin modules or were a separate product from Arduin

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:39 am 

I thought the same, but could not confirm. An ex-TSRer thought it looked like Jim Holloway art. Still hunting...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:33 pm 

Did Clint Bigglestone (DunDraCon Inc.) produce more than one set of Artifact Cards? It isn't set #1 because set #1 had the pictures signed KVCW-1978 (artist Kate Wadey). These have a similar stylee, so if there were an Artifacts Card Set #2 it could be a contender. He did a lot of cut out card based sets... The Deep Delve series under whatever banner he sold those. Overland Encounters under The Fantasy Factory name. He also worked a lot for Chaosium. Could it be one of their early generic RPG offerings?

All the Arduin cards I've seen have blocks of text on the backs of them. I'm assuming these are blank on the back?

The double height 'card' on the first photo, with the cloak and the gloves really kills it in terms of it being a product designed to be used as a stack of cards in my mind though. Could this just be someone's pet project/homebrew thing?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:25 pm 

Thank you for your input. Yes, the cards are blank on the back. The 1977 copyrighted cards: there are 23 pages. No perforations on the card stock. They feel and look like handouts from a box set...