Joe Adams aka Joe Coleman
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:44 am 

This is something a bit sad. I just read on a wiki page that Joe Adams died in 2021.

Joe Adams (who had changed his name at some point from Joe Coleman aka Sho Copra Joe) was really passionate about everything Jorune. He edited 2nd edition Jorune and penned many of the supplements. I didn’t know him personally, but interacted with him through the groups and via email and he actually advised me on the Acaeum wiki pages years ago when we were setting that up. He was always engaging, helpful and kind in the interactions we had and certainly never gave up his passion for all things Jorune.

I was looking at one of the fanzines the other day and wondered how he was doing and googled him. Most online references do not mention that he has passed away, but there is a Wikipedia page saying he passed away in 2021 referencing an announcement on his Facebook page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Colem ... e_designer)

I’ve been into Skyrealms of Jorune for years. I think I have just about every item including one of the three (edit correction - up to six sets may exist) 2nd edition pre-publication sets. I was a member of Joe's yahoo group for years and then after the group closed down followed Joe on his blog and subscribed to his Segment: Sho-Caudal fanzines, which culminated with issue #13 some time in 2019. New SkyRealms of Jorune fanzine! • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum

Joe's blog is still online: Jorune Is A Mental Illness   Last entry was May 17, 2020.

Anyway, I searched the Acaeum forums and did not see reference to this. So, thought I would post this short recollection. Sad to learn he is gone even though it is some time since he passed.

Last edited by HermitFromPluto on Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:29 am 

I too love Jorune, so I'm sorry to hear of his passing.
When you mention that you have "one of the three 2nd edition pre-publication sets" are you referring to the numbered boxes Amy Leker was selling at GenCon? Or something else? How do you know there are only three? Thanks.

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:06 am 

I stand corrected. I'm getting old, I should check before relying on memory. I went back through my communications. I bought one of the sets some 15 years ago directly from Miles Teves. At the time he said they made 5 or 6 copies. I scanned them way back then and put on the Acaeum wiki

SkyRealms of Jorune - The Acaeum Wiki

Not familiar with the boxed sets signed by Amy Leker. Was that a long time ago or something more recent?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:12 pm 

When Amy arrived at GenCon in 1985 they had not quite completed the 2nd edition, but they (of course) wanted things to sell at the show. They did have the boxes ready so they numbered and sold the boxes. I bought #100. I think they might have gotten up to 120 or so, but it's been a long time since I talked with Amy. Anyway when they had everything ready they shipped the completed set to me, signed by all three of them (per my request). So you can see why I thought you were referring to that when you mentioned 2nd edition pre-publication.

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:32 am 

Thanks for that info. I'll try and add that to the wiki page at some point. Good to know that there were numbered sets on release. Probably not a lot of those would remain, so it adds another edition in the timeline that must be very rare.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:12 pm 

Just in case some of you didn't know it, Joe also published one issue of the sholari magazine and a Gomo guide on DTRPG:
DriveThruRPG
DriveThruRPG

I don't know until when it will be possible to purchase them...