Tales from the Floating Vagabond - 2nd Edition - KS project
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:43 am 

I have backed literally hundreds of Kickstarter projects now, mostly RPGs. I initially joined in 2012 to back Bill Barsh’s Catalclysm at the Acaeum project and got a bit addicted to supporting interesting projects, especially RPG related.

One project which successfully funded back in 2013 (15 September 2013) was Lee Garvin’s Tales of the Floating Vagabond 2, a project to update the RPG game he designed and that was published by Avalon Hill back in 1991. Lee Garvin struggled through health issues, while working on the project for the next several years. Sadly he passed away on June 28th 2019, before he could complete the project.

Some friends of his rescued Lee’s data from his dying laptop and with the support from his family worked to complete the project. Incredibly, it has been completed and published and all the original backers (including me) just received the PDF, more than ten years after the project was launched!!! What a surprise and what an amazing effort by Lee’s friends that worked to bring it to completion.

It is available on RPGNow if anyone who didn’t back it wants to take a look.
DriveThruRPG

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:22 pm 

That is awesome - a true ghost writer!  I got turned off Kickstarter after getting screwed over on the Mike Nystul projects.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:39 am 

I stopped backing KS because there are too many crooks and they always release their PDFs for free, one way or another, anyways. So unless they are spectacularly good at what they are publishing (the actual design of the product, not the informational content which has no commercial value the moment it is published in PDF form), and unless they have a proven track record of honesty and integrity, I can’t be bothered backing all their fluff and hyperbole.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.