*blink blink*
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:16 pm 

I just won a CSotIO auction, narrowly beating out johnhuck, and it was... a mistake!! :)

(cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1)

I was watching this item, and noticed how low the bids were today. With only about an hour left, it was sitting at around $13. So, on impulse, I set up a snipe for 26.00. Came back later and saw that I won it for $45.

Oops. Apparently, if one doesn't specify the "$", the snipe engine I use will default to the bidding currency. So while I thought I was sniping for $26.00, I was sniping for GBP 26.00.  :oops:

Anyway, still a good price. Sorry john...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:21 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:I just won a CSotIO auction, narrowly beating out johnhuck, and it was... a mistake!! :)

(cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1)

I was watching this item, and noticed how low the bids were today. With only about an hour left, it was sitting at around $13. So, on impulse, I set up a snipe for 26.00. Came back later and saw that I won it for $45.

Oops. Apparently, if one doesn't specify the "$", the snipe engine I use will default to the bidding currency. So while I thought I was sniping for $26.00, I was sniping for GBP 26.00. :oops:

Anyway, still a good price. Sorry john...

So that was you? My snipe was rejected at a few seconds to go. It was just under. :( Good one. :mrgreen:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:05 pm 

Yeah even though it was a mistake, I'm still happy. $45 is a good price. I've tried for one at over $50 and been outbid.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:31 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Yeah even though it was a mistake, I'm still happy. $45 is a good price. I've tried for one at over $50 and been outbid.

Yeah, it's a pain-in-the-neck to get a hold of...

I listed a set at the same time on the "Interesting Items" thread; Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay • Page 14 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum
=> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5179360877

Probably best to ignore that end-price; the seller would have been better off ditching the maps, phps... :(
(Very surprised to have nearly lowballed that one, but might as well mention since there's a good chance it'd end up on the "fun finds" thread, anyhow).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:11 pm 

harami2000 wrote:I listed a set at the same time on the "Interesting Items" thread; Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay • Page 14 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum
=> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5179360877

Probably best to ignore that end-price; the seller would have been better off ditching the maps, phps... :(

Yeah, I noticed that one too. Didn't bid on it, or really pay it much attention cuz of the maps. Only a couple bucks less than what I just got though... w00t!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:28 pm 

Possibly neither auction did the other any favors, with regards their contents, photos and descriptions...
Would've been very easy to "sit on the fence" or not bid at all. :?

Good news from a buyer's perspective, though?

Congrats on your "mistake" ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:58 am 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Anyway, still a good price. Sorry john...

No apologies required.  I felt certain I was going to pick that up cheap. Congratulations! :mrgreen: :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:53 pm 

There's another one coming up that doesn't seem to be getting much attention...

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWA:IT

I'll be watching to see how much it goes for.