Frustrating!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:01 pm 

Recently, there have been a number of JG Dark Towers come up for auction. I've been watching them all, but haven't been able to bid due to a lack of funds. Naturally enough, they've all been going for reasonable prices. See these:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

There's one ending today (in about an hour from this posting) that I set up a snipe for, hoping the the trend of those last two auctions would hold. But it's already past my snipe. Very frustrating.... argh! *sigh*

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:37 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:There's one ending today (in about an hour from this posting) that I set up a snipe for, hoping the the trend of those last two auctions would hold. But it's already past my snipe. Very frustrating.... argh! *sigh*

well i wouldnt bid on that one chummer....quality is a little poor to throw that much money at it imo. i would wait for a better one. this is one to collect and because of that, worth waiting for a decent copy. thats just what i think anyway :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:58 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
El Diablo Robotico wrote:There's one ending today (in about an hour from this posting) that I set up a snipe for, hoping the the trend of those last two auctions would hold. But it's already past my snipe. Very frustrating.... argh! *sigh*

well i wouldnt bid on that one chummer....quality is a little poor to throw that much money at it imo. i would wait for a better one. this is one to collect and because of that, worth waiting for a decent copy. thats just what i think anyway :)

Al

Oh, I agree! It's past what I was willing to pay. I'm waiting for another to come along.

There was also a DT that came up last week from our friend ETC. I watched that as well. Went for $27.

It's just frustrating to watch 2 auctions go by at <$20 when I *couldn't* bid, then when I could, the one I was gonna bid on went high.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:03 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Oh, I agree! It's past what I was willing to pay. I'm waiting for another to come along.

There was also a DT that came up last week from our friend ETC. I watched that as well. Went for $27.

It's just frustrating to watch 2 auctions go by at <$20 when I *couldn't* bid, then when I could, the one I was gonna bid on went high.

You can buy the PDF online for $2. Someone will know where because I can't find the shop, but its legit, and it'll tide you over until you get a hardcopy.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:23 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:You can buy the PDF online for $2. Someone will know where because I can't find the shop, but its legit, and it'll tide you over until you get a hardcopy.

Not a huge .pdf fan (mostly cuz I can't stay awake when reading a huge document on a computer screen...).

I'm not that hard up. It's just one of the last pieces I want for my JG collection. I can certainly wait for another one to come along. No rush.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:12 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:You can buy the PDF online for $2. Someone will know where because I can't find the shop, but its legit, and it'll tide you over until you get a hardcopy.

Not a huge .pdf fan (mostly cuz I can't stay awake when reading a huge document on a computer screen...).

I'm not that hard up. It's just one of the last pieces I want for my JG collection. I can certainly wait for another one to come along. No rush.

Patience has it's virtues...almost everything I've ever coveted eventually made it my way at the price I wanted.  I remember particularly trying so hard to get a Warriors of the Grey Queen or whatever the AD&D mini-module was that came with Shadis magazine that time, and i must have bid on dozens of auctions before I finally got the item for the price I wanted.....it took so long I'm not even sure if I still wanted it when it arrived!

Mike B.