[d20] FFE books more collectible after recall/destruction?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:55 am 

What are folks' thoughts on the increase in collectibility of FFE's d20 books after their recent OGL/d20 Clarifications (04/09/2003) announcement, which included the following statements (all snipped out of full context):  
Furthermore, let it be known that any copies of Enchanted Locations: Crypts & Tombs in Fast Forward's possession have been destroyed.  Furthermore, let it be known that any copies of Dungeon World in Fast Forward's possession have been destroyed.  Furthermore, let it be known that any copies of Dungeon World: Secrets of the Enemy Capital in Fast Forward's possession have been destroyed.  Furthermore, let it be known that any copies of Rings of Power in Fast Forward's possession have been destroyed.
 I wonder how many copies FFE had in stock vs. what had already been sold through to the distributors?  Similar "recall" items like the 1e D&DG, orange B3, etc. have proven to be among the most collecible 1e titles.  What are folks' thoughts on these FFE books?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:07 pm 

I do not know what it is about recalled/banned items and D&D collectors. It seems like the collectors love this type of material. I have no doubt buyers will flock to them.  Does anyone understand or know what licensing violations the company actually committed?  Later. Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:10 pm 

Yes, Adam---they were in repeated violation of the terms of the OGL and d20 licenses:  they used WotC names in their books (Drawmij, etc.).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:47 am 

grodog wrote:I wonder how many copies FFE had in stock vs. what had already been sold through to the distributors?  Similar "recall" items like the 1e D&DG, orange B3, etc. have proven to be among the most collecible 1e titles.  What are folks' thoughts on these FFE books?
 I'm betting that they will become valuable - I picked up two copies each of the two Dungeon World offerings yesterday and have a couple more local gaming stores to hit for the others...  Paul

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts aquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning.  It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:08 am 

What are the cover prices on these items? I have not bought anything new from a game store in years(Ebay junkie).  Thanks

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:24 am 

burntwire wrote:What are the cover prices on these items? I have not bought anything new from a game store in years(Ebay junkie).  Thanks
 Between $22 and $30.  I'm like you tho - I love picking up new/next-to-new stuff off ebay for about 30% less...  Paul

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts aquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning.  It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."