Obscure Module Identification
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:40 am 

I don't know if anyone can help me with this, but here goes.

Back in the early/mid 80's, my buddy bought a module at the local hobby shop and DM'ed it for us.  I would at least like to try and keep an eye out for it, however I don't know what it is or who published it. . .

So, here is the very little bit I remember.   It was published cheaply (I am sure it was no major publisher) and it was small - pamphlet style.  

In order to get into the dungeon, the adventurers had to find their way past a waterfall (this is the very beginning of the module).

As I remember, there were very few monsters to fight - the two main ones were a Wyvern and a Beholder.  Also, I think the Beholder lurked at the bottom of a pit.

Well, that's about it. . .  pathetically little to go on; but if anyone has any thoughts, let me know.  

Thanks.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:21 am 

Sorry btb, that doesn't ring any bells for me.  Do you have any more details you can wrack your brain for?  That might help us with your ID quest....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:44 am 

I have no idea. I might have it, if it is non-TSR, but don't recall it at all. More detail is definitely necessary.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:01 am 

No - I really don't.  I am sure that it was "undersized" as compared to regular modules.

If anyone can suggest any publishers from that era maybe it would help me figure it out. . . I really don't know the names of any except for Role Aids & Judges Guild.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:45 am 

Any idea if it was a standalone module?  Or could it have been a module within a fanzine?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:50 am 

Stand alone - I remember my friend picking it off the shelf and buying it.  We played it later that night.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:11 am 

A company named Tri-Tac put out some stuff that was that size. It was mostly parody material. But seems to fit the description.

They were Michigan-based so I remember them fairly well. Had a Gen Con presence and had a couple of rp games they constantly pushed, but were pretty much garbage.

Early on they produced stand-alone games and very possibly adventure modules (generic). I am foggy on this, though I do have at least one of the stand-alone games (Jurassic Ducks plague the modern world - air-to-air plane vs. pterraduckyl combat).

Again, I am just guessing on the d&d module thing...but it would make sense, especially the time period.

Tri-Tac may even still be around...I haven't been to a major convention in several years so I can't be sure.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/